Data loss can happen to anyone at anytime. If it hasn't happened to you yet, it's like a ticking time bomb.
I don't say that to be a fear monger or to try to scare you into an expensive solution, I merely say that to be realistic. The truth is, data loss on a computer can happen in so many ways:
- Physical disaster - natural disasters, computer gets knocked over, coffee spills, electrical surge
- Hardware failure - All hard drives fail, it is just a matter of when
- Software failure - Viruses and malware can delete files, even with antivirus software
- Accidents - You can hit the delete key and not mean it!
Data loss is a function of operation in a world where computers are the major business machine. Think about your car, you can't drive without car insurance just in case you have an accident, you should think the same of your data. You shouldn't use computers without some insurance against data loss.
Serendipity Technology can help you find a solution that fits your work flow and your budget. There are several aspects of a backup system:
The method of backup
- Physical media - CDs, Tape drives, and other devices that you can physically remove from the computer and take off site with you
- Offsite/Web Backups - we can send your data over the internet to our cloud servers. The connection is secure and the monthly cost is low, based on the total amount you need to backup.
The type of backup
- Disaster Recover - If your entire office burned to the ground, you could be up and running in a new location within hours. This is an extreme solution for the critical business.
- Full System - We can recover an entire system, including data and programs. Typically requires identical computer systems to be purchased as a backup system.
- File backups - WE can take your data files (pictures, documents, videos, email files, accounting system files, etc) and restore them to a new machine. This is the simplest method, and is appropriate for most businesses.
Serendipity Technology has the experience with all of the backup systems, and we can help you determine what is the best solution for you.